Cooking and Booking

If you love to cook and love to read, this is the site for you. I will share with you some of my favorite recipes, authors and books. Feel free to join in.

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 9, 2012

5 Stars: The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller.... Robert Kincaid, a photographer and free spirit, and Francesca Johnson, the farm wife waiting for the fulfillment of a girlhood dream, reveal what it is like to love and be loved so intensely that life is never the same again. I must say that I have watched this movie several times and it is my all time favorite romantic movie. I still cry like a baby every time I watch it. But it wasn't until recently that I read the book. I am so glad that I finally did. It was even more intense than the movie. Have you ever felt that you were one of the characters in a book? Well, that is how I felt with Francesca.  I could feel her love, pain, sorrow, even her broken heart. And I grieved right along with her. A once in a lifetime love.........I also decided to read the follow up book to The Bridges of Madison County, which is A Thousand Country Roads. This book fills in a few things (that weren't necessarily missing from Bridges), and helps to explain some of the story of Robert and Francesca in the time that they weren't together. Before they met, and after. I give it 5 Stars....I needed that extra part of the story, because after finishing Bridges, I was mourning.....the end of Robert and Francesca.

No comments:

Post a Comment